Sunday, March 2, 2008

Am I in purgatory or what?

Okay, so the work thing is going bad. REALLY BAD! Word is out about my school, and my plans to "move on." To that end, the powers that be in the lab have decided to move me out of my department, and make me a "multitasker." He (idiot director) wants everyone to cross-train eventually, and I get to be the lucky one to try it first. CRAP! I like where I'm at. Everyone is nice back there (not necessarily smart, but fairly pleasant to work with...), we get along, we listen to the radio (although I'm usually outvoted and have to suffer with the country crap that the others listen to!), we talk, we get our work done with no problems. Tuesday I have to move out into the mainframe lab. CRAP! I hate it out there. It's noisy, it's hot, the people are idiots, the phone rings all the time.... And what do they tell me??? Well, apparently I'm a good multitasker, and that's why they are going to try this thing with me first. Again, CRAP! So being efficient has come around to bite me in the ass again! Needless to say, I've begun looking for another job. I'm still applying for the college of nursing job, but just in case, I have to start looking elsewhere. I've applied for a couple pharm sales jobs, and a chemistry job in industry, so we'll see what happens.

So school... Well, that's kicking my a@@ so far. It's not hard, but I haven't found a good time to fit it in yet. So, I've been staying up until midnight, 1am getting things turned in. And since I get up at 5 to get ready for work, and Z still nurses at about 2am (yeah, I know...he's 16 months...he'll give it up someday...), I've gotten about 4 hours of sleep all weekend. That combined with


I'M SICK!!!! SICK, SICK, SICK!!!! Nick has the stinking flu, and I think he gave it to me. He was running 104/105 Thursday night (so I was up ALL NIGHT!!!!), and still has around 102. It's not the pukey flu, thank God, just the respiratory kind. Yeah right, JUST the respiratory kind. He and I can both barely swallow, have a cough you can hear down the block (and of course, after 2 kids I pee on myself half the time when I cough!!!), and ache EVERYWHERE! And of course I had to work all weekend. Fun. At least, so far, Z hasn't caught it. I'm crossing everything I can cross that he won't. And I think Nick is finally turning the corner. He was up playing a bit this afternoon, and actually ate some supper. Maybe this week will be better than last.

So, I'm off to "school" now. I have to do an assignment about communication. I think it will be pretty easy, just takes some time. At least I'm starting it now, instead of 10pm! Dad is doing bath tonight, so by the time Z is ready for bed, I should be done. Then I can actually go to bed at a decent hour!!!!! YEAH DADDY!!!! Sometimes he comes through for me after all! :-)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Take a break woman! Seriously. You need one. I think a week of vacation, although not nice to the pocket book, would do you wonders!! You need a rejuvenation break! In all the time I've "known" you, you've always worked your ass off and never taken a break!! I mean, all that you do is great, more than I'd ever accomplish in a day (or even a week!!). Just don't forget to take care of yourself along the way...