Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Oh WHAT NEXT????

Okay, so my life is getting even better. Seriously. What could be better than sick kids, a crappy job, a dirty house, schoolwork that never quits, and a husband that must believe in the laundry/dirty dish fairy???? Well world, get this. Monday afternoon Zachary, sweet loving little lump of fat love, shoved his butt thermometer down my EAR! All the way. I was laying on the floor (sick!) and the boys were playing. I'd already had wooden blocks tossed on me, had trucks and cars driven over me, but I was thinking all was pretty much well. We were in the nursery, so there's nothing in there that can hurt Zack. Well, mom didn't realize he has now grown tall enough to reach the top of his changing station. Where i keep all the diaper stuff. You know, wipes, diapers, butt cream, and, of course, KY and the butt thermometer. He'd been sick just last week, so it was laying right there. But, of course, I didn't think he could reach that high. Boy, was I wrong. So, I guess he thinks...mom is sick, I'll take her temperature. How sweet...NOT!!!!! We use tympanics with Nick, so I'm sure he was just doing what he had seen me and dad do. Oh, the pain! Just searing right through my head. And then I'm laying there, thinking, I KNOW that did not just happen to me. I must be asleep, right. Sure, I'm dreaming... but then I reach up, and there is the good old vicks speedread just sticking out of my right ear. Now, can anyone out there explain just HOW things like this happen to me??? I mean, I watch my name is earl, so I know about KARMA, but I've never really screwed anyone over badly...certainly not stuck a thermometer in anyone's ear! So why me? And of course, I'm glad he did it to me, instead of himself, or his brother (or even the dog....actually even stupid dog). But WHY??? Ouch, it still hurts! So this is on top of the head congestion that I've already had for a week. Today I called in sick again, and went to my own GP. He says he thinks it's small enough to heal on it's own (monday there was too much blood in there for the ER to tell), and expect the dizziness to last for another week or so. But he gave me some decongestant to hopefully help with the pressure.

So, there's my week so far. Hope it helps all of you all out there feel just a little bit better about yours.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

"Zachary, sweet loving little lump of fat love"

LOL nice one, Mom!!

I hope that you feel better soon and that the decongestant the doc gave you helps. We still seem to be fighting off the cough that seems to go along with this awful flu. I hope you don't get that. I can't imagine that coughing would make your ear feel very good. Ouch!!